What is Personal Information and what does Snatch App collect?
For this Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated, de-identified or information that cannot be reasonably linked to you.
To provide our Services, we must process some information about you, including Personal Information.
Information You Provide
- Your Account Information. You have the choice to provide your mobile phone number or email address to create a Snatch App account. You may also add other information to your account, such as a profile name, profile photos with faces in them if you choose to provide them, and status messages.
- Your Messages. Your messages are stored on your own device. If a message cannot be delivered immediately (for example, if you are offline), we may keep it on our servers for up to 30 days as we try to deliver it. If a message is still undelivered after 30 days, we delete it.
- Your Connections. You can create, join, or get added to groups and broadcast lists.
- Customer Support. You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including copies of your messages, and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support.
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services, how you interact with others using our Services), log files, and reports.
- Device and Connection Information. We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information, and device identifiers. We also collect device location information if you use our location features, such as when you choose to share your location with your contacts, view locations nearby or those others have shared with you, and for diagnostics and troubleshooting purposes.
- Status Information. We collect information about your online and status message changes on our Services, such as whether you are online (your “online status”), when you last used our Services (your “last seen status”), and when you last updated your status message.
Other Sources of Information
- Information Others Provide About You. We may receive information about you from other users of our Services, such as if they send you a message or call you.
- Service Providers. We sometimes work with Service Providers, such as when they use research to improve, understand, customize, and market our Services.
How do we use Personal Information?
How is Personal Information shared?
We do not sell your Personal Information, and never will. You share your information as you use and communicate through our Services, and we share your information for business purposes to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- Service Providers. Our Service Providers help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our app, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems, supply maps and places information, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services. When we share information with our Service Providers, we require them to use your information in accordance with our instructions and terms or with express permission from you.
- Legal Process Requests. We may share your information with law enforcement or other third parties in connection with legal requests.
How can you exercise your rights under the CCPA?
Under the CCPA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we’ve collected about you during the past 12 months and information about our data practices. You also have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
Please note, for all manual requests, you will need to verify your identity by providing us with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your Snatch App phone number
- Your phone model (for example, iPhone 8 or Samsung Galaxy S10)
- The software version of your phone’s operating system
- Whether you are a California consumer pursuant to Cal. Civ. Code Sec. 1798.140(g)
If you would like to know the specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you, or to delete your Personal Information, you will need to provide the following additional information to verify your identity:
- A phone bill or similar proof of ownership of the Snatch App number
Snatch App will not be able to respond to your request unless you provide us with all of the above information. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a manual request on your behalf. If you decide to use an authorized agent, please also include written permission that you have designated that agent to make this request, or proof of the agent’s power of attorney. We may also follow-up with you to verify your identity before processing your authorized agent’s request.
Lastly, you have the right to be free from any discrimination for exercising your rights to access or delete your Personal Information. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
If you have additional questions about this Notice or how to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us.
California Privacy Notice
Effective: January 1, 2020